I Am Dedicated To Seeking Justice For My Clients

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Child Sexual Abuse Victims
  4.  → Intrafamily Sexual Abuse

Civil Lawsuits For Intrafamily Sexual Abuse And Incest

Intrafamily sexual abuse and incest undoubtedly tears families apart. I am attorney Konrad Kircher, and for more than 20 years, I have been helping victims of sexual violence and assault pursue lawsuits to hold assailants accountable for their actions in civil court. I founded Kircher Law, LLC, in Maineville to help victims throughout Ohio seek restitution as part of their healing journeys.

Child Sexual Abuse And Family Betrayal

Finding out that someone within the family has sexually abused your child can bring a myriad of emotions, especially rage, confusion, disbelief and guilt. Helping your child recover from the abuse can be a long and arduous road.

Children who have experienced incest abuse and sexual abuse by a family member – someone who was supposed to keep them safe – often experience:

  • Feelings of guilt, shame and self-doubt
  • Low self-esteem and behaviors of withdrawal
  • An inability to trust
  • Depression

As a parent, you may find it incredibly difficult to balance your own mix of emotions while simultaneously supporting your child in the ways that they need to be supported. It takes a great deal of courage and strength.

Recovering From Child Incestual And Sexual Abuse As An Adult

Adult survivors of child sexual abuse in which the abuse remained hidden within the family can still seek recourse as an adult. Despite strict filing deadlines and statutes of limitations for adult claims, in most cases, if the sexual abuse took place when the victim was under the age of 18, victims have until the age of 30 to pursue a claim for damages in civil court.

Schedule A Free Consultation With An Incest Lawyer

At Kircher Law, LLC, I offer clients a free initial consultation. If you or someone you love was sexually abused by a family member as a child, contact me to schedule your appointment. I will listen to your story and answer any questions that you may have. You can reach me by calling 888-725-0811 or sending an inquiry through my website form.