I Am Dedicated To Seeking Justice For My Clients

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Sexual Assault Victims
  4.  → Doctor Sexual Assault

When A Medical Professional Sexually Abuses A Patient During A Health Care Visit

When you go to the doctor or admit your loved one into a health care facility, there is a heightened level of trust. When that trust is violated by the act of a sexual assault, there is significant trauma that occurs at a soul level. I founded Kircher Law, LLC, to advocate on behalf of victims of sexual assaults. I am attorney Konrad Kircher, and I represent survivors of doctor sexual assault and health care sexual abuse throughout Ohio in civil lawsuits to hold abusers and assailants accountable for their actions.

Sexual Assault By A Health Care Or Medical Professional

Unfortunately, despite strict medical requirements and straightforward ethical requirements in the medical profession, patients are still sexually abused, and doctor sexual assault still happens. Chiropractors, dentists, nurses, physicians and mental health professionals can all be perpetrators of sexual abuse in health care settings like hospitals and nursing homes or even during home health care services.

Some of the common signs that a patient is being sexually abused include:

  • Physical harm, including bruises, bleeding or scarring
  • A fear of visiting the doctor
  • Insomnia
  • Drug or alcohol abuse

While unwanted or nonconsensual sexual contact of any kind is considered criminal, a lawsuit can also be filed in civil court. Civil lawsuits for sexual misconduct provide sexual assault victims with an additional way to hold assailants and abusers accountable for their actions.

Frequently Asked Questions About Doctor Sexual Assault

At Kircher Law, we often see clients come to us with numerous questions about their experience, the law, their legal rights and much more. We have compiled the following FAQ to help provide quick answers, although we can go over things in far more depth at an official consultation with a doctor sexual assault lawyer.

What should I do if I have been sexually assaulted by my health care provider?

If you have been sexually assaulted by a health care provider, you have a few options. First and foremost, it may be wise to call the police, especially if you are in danger. You can also call the National Sexual Assault Hotline. Additionally, it is often wise to make an official report to the hospital or the medical center where the person works.

That said, we offer completely free initial consultations at Kircher Law, and would be happy to meet with you and go over all of the options that you have.

How can I report a doctor for sexual assault in Ohio?

You can report the sexual assault to the medical center by contacting the human resources department. The number for the National Sexual Assault Hotline is 800.656. HOPE (4673). Reports can also be made to the State Medical Board of Ohio. An offending medical professional may lose their license so that they can no longer practice. As noted above, our team can help you determine exactly who to contact in your case and where to file these reports. Every case is unique, but our experience can help you move forward.

How can I ensure my safety on future medical visits?

Start by finding a new health care provider as you consider your legal options to take action against the former provider. Do not put yourself in a dangerous position. When you meet with your new health care team, it may be wise to bring someone to accompany you – such as a spouse or a close family member – to any in-person meetings.

Consult With A Doctor Sexual Assault Lawyer For Free

At Kircher Law, LLC, I offer victims of sexual assaults a free initial consultation. If you believe that you or someone you love has been the victim of sexual misconduct in a health care setting, contact me to schedule a free appointment. You can reach me by calling my office at 888-725-0811 or sending an inquiry through my online form. I look forward to speaking with you and telling you more about how I can help you with your case.